Country/Region

I am  living in Ireland but my account is saying that my country  and region is united kingdom. I want to redeem my membership but i cant because it says that i need a post code, since i am in Ireland we dont have post codes. When i try to change my country and region to Ireland on xbox.com it wont let me choose Ireland and it will only let me change it to England, Wales or Scotland. I will be very disappointed if i have to start a new account on xbox live. Cant  you change my location if i ask u to by yourselves ?  please try and fix this problem i am having as it is the start of the holidays and i would like to play xbox live. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ok changing the region of xbox.com won't affect your Xbox account

Once set the region of your account can never be changed

When you set up your account you were asked for a region

That's the only time you can set it up

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am  living in Ireland but my account is saying that my country  and region is united kingdom. I want to redeem my membership but i cant because it says that i need a post code, since i am in Ireland we dont have post codes. When i try to change my country and region to Ireland on xbox.com it wont let me choose Ireland and it will only let me change it to England, Wales or Scotland. I will be very disappointed if i have to start a new account on xbox live. Cant  you change my location if i ask u to by yourselves ?  please try and fix this problem i am having as it is the start of the holidays and i would like to play xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I know and like mentioned, it's not possible to change the country of the gamertag.

I'm sorry but I would suggest you to create a new gamertag/account and start over :-/

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the inconvenience but you have got to make a new account with Ireland region.

Sorry this didn't help.