Corrupted Xbox 360 Slim HDD?

I have a Halo Reach Xbox 360 Slim, 250 GIG HDD. I've been having a ton of trouble with this console lately and haven't found a way to fix it.

First it started when I would turn on my console and it would literally take 10 to 15 minutes to get past the main logo screen. After that, the console basically didn't recognize the HDD that was in the Xbox and there was no memory on it what so ever. So I turn off the console and turned it back on and it repeated the same process. I decided to take out the HDD and see how the Xbox would boot up without it-it worked perfectly fine and booted up within 5 seconds. I turned it off again and plugged the HDD back in and turned it on but this time it actually worked normally which it took only like 15 to 20 seconds to get past the logo screen. I called Xbox and they told me I had corrupted files on my HDD, so I searched through my HDD looking for corrupted files and found none. Then I just deleted random stuff I didn't need but it didn't help at all. This was just the first of my problems.

Basically the majority of games I play take a long time to boot up and my Xbox would randomly say "The disk is unreadable"(even when I'm not playing a disk). Not only that but games would be missing sound effects accasionally. Like explosions in Halo. I found this out actually today when playing it and restarting it a few times because it would say "The disk is unreadable". And sometimes when I would go check my memory, it would have to load like 10 to 20 minutes just so I can select my HDD. EVERYTHING IS RUNNING SLOW. That's how I would sum it up. If there is anyway to fix this I would GREATLY appreciate the help so i don't have to spend more money.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Perhaps the problem lies with your gamertag.  Try going to the memory and deleting the gamertag only then recover it.  This might solve your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having these exact problems with my reach slim 360. Have you found a solution to the problem??

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo Reach 360 S consoles are within their standard one year warranty period. If clearing the drive's cache and/or deleting and recovering one's profile doesn't help, set up a support ticket to replace the drive.

And do yourself a favor - put an extended warranty on the consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same exact problem with my Halo Reach console. You are the first person I've read in a forum having all of the same problems. I also get kicked out of Halo matchmaking games so much that I got a warning that I've quit too many games and if continue I won't be able to play for awhile. I'm going crazy trying to fix this problem and have not found one person to help. Not even tech support with Xbox Live or Microsoft. Have you been having these problems since the current updates? I may be wrong but it just seems ever since I put Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, I started getting problems. I've cleared the hard drive's cache, reset my router...blah blah. One person told me to hard line it but my router isn't close enough for that. If you do find an answer that actually works please get back to me & I will do the same.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Queen! The original post here sounds like he is having long load times and disc read issues, while you are saying you are having issues connecting and staying connected to Halo matchmaking. For this, I would suggest checking out Forum 02 for LIVE connection issues and Forum 05 for playing the game. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for trying to help but I'm having the same problems. I did however take my 250g hard drive out & inserted a 16g flash drive which makes the Xbox run like it was new. Still didn't solve the problem of getting kicked out of games. I was told to format the original hard drive and now the Xbox doesn't even recognize it. I give up. I'm such a noob @ this so I'm using google like mad. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks again for ur input.  :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a 250 GB hard drive for my slim. When i turn on my console it just sits at the loading screen for a good 5 minutes. When its done it shows my profile. I press sign in and it freezes. After several times of resetting my console it comes back. I try to delete my corrupt profile. When i do it magically appears right back on my hard drive. It seems as anything i delete comes back. And when i called Microsoft on the phone, some jackass employee pretended that he couldn't hear me but my hard drive wont work. Maybe its the console i put it into. But of some one knows the problem please tell me.

Sorry this didn't help.