Corrupted Profile?

This problem occurred today and its quite confusing. So usually when I turn on my console my profile is signed in automatically and no problems occur as I have chosen the option to sign in at system power. Today I turn on my console and it takes a while longer to load up, and instead of loading my home screen it loads the sign n menu where it shows all of the avatars next to the given profile. I thought nothing of it as its happened before but when I checked for my profile it was not on the list. So I checked a few times to make sure and it was not there. I then signed in to my friends profile and checked his friends list and looked if  I was still there and I was, So I knew my account still existed. After that I hooked up a second controller and went to the sign in menu to try and sign in and my profile wasn't there either. Then I went to the system memory and checked my hard drive for the profile and it was with the rest but instead of having the Gamertag it said "Corrupt Profile". I tried downloading and recovering it as I would if I were at a friends house but it would stop a bit into the download and give me a pop up saying Profiles cant be downloded at the time. I dont know what to do. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there BirdC1awz,

Can you please clear your cache (click here for a guide). Once you have done this can you double check that the corrupt file has definitely been deleted and then try a Test Xbox Live Connection test. Once the test has completed, please go ahead and try to redownload your profile.

Let me know the results.

Many thanks

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When a profile corrupts, you need to delete the corrupted profile from your drive, then you should be able to re-download fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

The best method would be to delete the corrupted profile from the hard drive and "Recover" your Gamertag. This process requires you to have your Live account email address and Live password. If you are still having issues, remove the current network from the connections section and search for your access point again. This may clear any connection issues you may have.

Sorry this didn't help.