corrupted profile

ok i let my cousin borrow my original xbox 360 (not the slim). when i got it back i turned it on and noticed my profile or gamertag had 0 points, 0 game history, no avatar no nothing! like if dey had deleted all the content. when i checked under 'settings' and 'storage' and 'profiles' it said "corrupted profile". i went n deleted ma profile from the hard drive to see if i could recover it threw xbox live. when i try that, it ask me to either 'create profile' or 'download profile' bt it wont let me because it keeps telling me i need to insert a storage device which is where the biggest problem comes. i do have a 250g HDD that now by the way says "unformatted".. now im not that big of a nerd but it seems like the problem is in the HDD. .... can someone PLEASE PLEASE help mee!? ^^ thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you have an external storage device this will be much easier, simply format the USB drive (this deletes all files!) and let the xbox convert it so it can work with the xbox. Then click download profile and when it lists the drivers select your USB device. When it's downloaded move it from the USB to HDD.

However, your HDD should not say unformatted, if you don't have many files on  the HDD unit simply format it, however remember that this removes all files so do this with caution!

As I've said, your best way is to use another external device to hold your profile for the time being.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Shouldn't need an external source.

Delete every corrupted file you can find, reformat if neccessary, storing any saves on a USB source while you do it.

Then, if it reformats ok, you can recover your gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks.

did that.saved most of my files and saves to a usb. now before i reformat it, i dont wanna loose al my music i have in my hard drive. but it wont let me transfer my music to the usb... how can i doo thatt??

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way to get music into an Xbox is to rip it from the CD, and you can't move music to other devices.

Sorry this didn't help.