Corrupted Profile

I have a corrupted profile, whenever I go to play certain games it signs me out and when I hit the Xbox Button on my controller, my account name is their but my avatar is gone and so Is my games score. (Example: Went to play Halo 4, and it lost connection to Xbox Live, and I went to Xbox Home and I said I had zero gamer score and no avatar, etc.) I have heard about deleting and re-downloading it  but I am worried that I will lose all my friends, gamer score, game data, friends, etc. And I know I sound like an Xbox addict but I am working really hard on my account and I have had it for a while, and I don't want to lose anything, please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You are going to most likely have to delet and redownload your profile. Nothing bad should happen just make sure that you know your email and password to your profile. I have recovered my profile before and have never lost gamerscore or anyting like that. Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to recovering your profile. Everything will be intact. If you look at your profile while on this site you will notice your score is the same as before the corruption happened, that is because your most recent info is stored on the server.

When you go to recover your file, first go to the hard drive, delete your damaged profile. Make sure you only delete the profile, do not delete everything tied to the account. You will get a message asking you so make sure you read it carefully.

After you delete your profile, clear your cache. (enter storage, press Y and only select clear cache)

Next you can turn off your console, turn it on and while on the default dashboard without a profile signed in, you can download/recover your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

One helofull tip, to prevent any loss of save games etc.

Be sure to select 'Delete profile only' when deleting a profile

and to add, the supportpage on deleting and downloading profiles can be found here: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Sorry this didn't help.