Corrupted Gamertag

So, yesterday I was playing LA Noire and the game froze. After giving it a few minutes to sort itself out and it failing to do so, I hard reset the XBox and moved on to do something else for a little while. This afternoon, I booted it up to give Noire a second chance to find the vengeful brat had deleted my gamertag. This sent me into a mini-panic up until I found all the information was still on the harddrive but was, lo and behold, now labeled "Corrupted." Goodie...

So, I deleted the profile (but not the saves and items) and tried to recover the Gamertag. Doing this however has yet to actually give me back my tag as it always immediately is re-labeled as corrupted and therefore unusable. This leads me to the sneaking suspicion that Noire was trying to autosave something when it froze and that's where the corruption is coming from.

So, two questions: If I delete all my saves and items off my hardrive for that tag, will I never get them back and have to start over? The other question is, how do I fix this kind of upsetting dilemna?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Okay, small situation update. My tag has been restored, but in exchange, my XBox seems to have deleted all my saves of its own volition.... um... is there any way to recover these?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You'll need to Recover your gamertag if you haven't already.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did recover it, and got back my tag and gamerscore. However, my saved games have disappeared without my deleting them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm. Have you tried clearing your cache system?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have lost your gamesaves then there is no way to recover them. Once they are gone, they are gone. L.A. Noire was probably the cause behind the corrupted profile, but you can't be sure. I would try clearing your systems cache to redownload patches so this won't happen again.

Sorry this didn't help.