Corrupted account

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right section but i hope it'll be alright.

So, first, i'm not using my xbox live account to post this but one of a friend of mine. I didn't use my xbox 360 for something like 3 or 4 years (she died...), and with the release of the One next month, i was trying to retrieve my gamertag to play with it.

So i plugged my hard drive into an xbox, dl every updates, and it says that my account is corrupted. Problem is, the last time i played, there was no link with Live, so my account is not associated with an email address.

What can i do to fix this ?

Regards,

Jeremy

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If it's not a live account you almost certainly can't.  You can try to see if there's any third-party tools that can fix files, but that is technically modding so you'll want to tread lightly.  You can also try transferring the account to a flash drive and see if that does anything positive, but realistically if the file is corrupted it's probably gone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well technically, it was a live account. I played online for like 2 years. It's juste that i didn't have any xbox for a while but i kept my HD just to retrieve my account in case of...

And i can't? So i'm gonna start on Xbox One from scratch ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have a look at this link for a little bit of help support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, but it didn't work out as i don't have an email account for my gamertag.

But my gamertag is bigbybob, and i can find it here www.xboxlivescore.com/.../bigbybob so maybe it's still in your database.

Is there no way to get it back?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, that's different, you can delete the profile from your hard drive, then on the profile select page when you start up the console there will be an option to Download Profile, select that, put in your e-mail and password and it will download your account.  you will lose any progress you've made offline, if any, in the process though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! I have a problema with my account, everytime that I want to change the región or zone on internet page of Xbox, appears a message from Hotmail asking me my mail and password ane when I write that information, Hotmail team send me a message saying me that they are going to send a number to my mial to check my security of my account. So I can´t change my account to another región. Anyone can help me?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, ALAZTAR! This thread is a bit old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums! :)

Sorry this didn't help.