Corrupt Xbox Live Account

Okay so, I've been put to the 'escalation team' - I'm not really sure what that is but it sounded all serious and that so I just listened to the techie and did as asked.

The first time it  happened they told me they'd call me back before yesterday, but they didn't I called today and I was told I'd be called before Thursday next week, which I am slightly sceptical of, my problem as as follows:

My accounts email has assigned itself to multiple accounts, this is apparently impossible, recovery is impossible and the account is now unreachable, the techie I spoke to said it hasn't happened before and that the account was corrupt and now has no e-mail address assigned to it - which is, I quote, 'odd'.

I have about $300 worth of DLC on that account, and the techie told me, 'It's not a done deal, we may not be able to do anything, but I'll see if they can transfer some or all of your DLC, I do understand however that this problem was in no way your fault'

In the call he proceeded to tell me 3 times that it was IN NO WAY MY FAULT. Then proceeded to tell me after each time that they may not be able to help me.

So I am currently in my second week of waiting to see if I am allowed to have the content I paid for or not, because of an issue that was in no way my fault.

What can I do? Am I not entitled to something? Half my games are useless without DLC (Halo and Gears without map packs, gears using player hosts) (dragon age, mass effect, and a few other save games requiring DLC to continue my save)

What can I do? or has investing in a new Xbox 360 been a massive mistake?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bump, get this man some answers pronto.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Delete your Profile and Recover it.  You will need your Windows Live Email and Password for that Account.

Just delete the Profile Only.  So you would choose the First Option on the Window that comes up when you go to delete your Profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

NEVER delete your account when you are dealing with a corrupted account, as it may be impossible to get it back at that point.  It will try to download the other account that also has the same WLID on it as the account with the DLC.  This is a situation where you have to let the escalated case run its course and typically what they try to do is put one of the gamertags on a temp (ie new) Windows LIVE email address so the one you're trying to access can function properly again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm with Gob1zku on this. Better safe than sorry. 

How on earth did your e-mail decide to assign itself to multiple accounts and take itself off your main account, that's what I'd like to know.  

Sorry this didn't help.

It's usually an issue with the WLID portion of the account.  It occurs primarily when someone goes to sign in to their account on Xbox.com, but it creates a new account instead of signing them into the already existing account.  From there the WLID email address exists on two accounts (which should not happen, but as we can see it occassionally does) and when you try to sign in to the WLID on Xbox.com or recover the account through the console, it brings up the newer account.  This isn't something that the customer themselves can typically resolve unless they're able to change their WLID email address for the newer account on login.live.com, but usually it results in an error rather than working.  So that's why it's something that needs to be escalated.

Sorry this didn't help.

But that should only happen if the user clicks sign up rather than sign in on here though, unless there's a bug I'm not aware of.

Sorry this didn't help.

I clicked sign in, I already had an e-mail address so I just wanted to sign in so I could check some stuff out on here as opposed to my Xbox, and it made a new account, so the above matches the description aside from the sign in/sign up part, I'm real glad I'm not the first this has happened to as it means maybe they can help me.

I'm hoping and praying $300 + isn't gonna disappear, Microsoft have always been good with me.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you need to do is delete your account and recover it. If you need to download any DLC that you have bought in the past you can navigate to your download history on your console. If your DLC doesn't work i would prefer doing a license transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I didnt realize you had bought a new console, all you need to do is license transfer everything you have bought to your new console allowing you to download and use all of your old purchases.

Sorry this didn't help.

A license transfer is not even remotely related to what he is describing in any way.

Sorry this didn't help.