Corrupt hard drive

After doing some reading around the forums I figured out that my hard drive has been corrupted by a third party transfer cable and I want to know if there is any way I can fix it because I have already exceeded the return date for it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

The only thing I can think of is trying to connect your HDD with a transfer cable to a pc and see if you can format it, I haven't seen anything about corrupt hard drive fixes, if this doesn't work or you don't have a cable then I am really sorry I am at a loss and don't know what to suggest, hopefully someone else will come and give you some help.

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

if connecting the HDD to a console doesn´t give you any options to format it, then as far as I know there is nothing you can do about it.

Connecting it to a PC is not a solution, because as far as I know that will format it for a pc, and can not be used with a console and I´m not sure if it is even allowed to connect it to a pc, because that could also mean you are altering files, which could be seen as cheating or ´tampering´ which is against either the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.