Corrupt data/account

I'm stressing out. I tried playing on my Xbox and in the middle of a game the system shut off, I tried getting back on but all my accounts (accept the parental account) were gone. I went to settings and it showed all the accounts as CORRUPT, so I deleted the accounts and downloaded them back on. Then I tried playing Skyrim but then it said that there was an update I could not obtain (or something along those lines). Then it sent me back to the homescreen and it showed my character as a default without a face or clothes. So I went back to the settings and looked at the games file. JUST ABOUT ALL THE FILES FOR THE GAMES WERE CORRUPT (skyrim, halo 4, just dance.......) I tried deleting some of the files and tried playing each of the games I have. None worked. Please help me Xbox supporters, I'm close to throwing the Xbox on the street just so it can get run over. Tell me what to do please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 453 Applies to:

Did you have a power outage or surge recently? More to the point it sounds like your system might have had a short or some fatal error that corrupted everything. Try resetting the Xbox to factory considering it doesn't sound like you have much to lose because that will erase and reset everything. If it still struggles to save data might be the hard drive, do you have any errors that pop up? You mentioned some in game error messages what are they more specially.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try deleting your profile and recovering it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Iv already tried deleting and recovering my account. Either the actual account is corrupted and it will do that on any system or the system is corrupt because its not just the account thats corrupt, the game files are as well. I was thinking of putting my account on someone elses system and see waht happens but im worried that it will affect their xbox as well. I didnt have any power outages or surges, I dont have any errors popping up accept that ingame one that says (by quote)

I'm sorry, the update for this game is unobtainable. For help please go to xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/ Im here now and its not really helping.

P.S. sorry if i sounded rude and also for the spelling mistakes but I was typing this in a hurry. Thanks for answering and I appreciate the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, can you give me directions on resetting my xbox? to be honest I have close to 10% knowledge on this type of technology and I would appreciate guidance on this subject.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there HaloKnight1232!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having such a bad time lately with your Xbox profiles and game saves. I believe what BaM BooZeLLed was suggesting is that you format your Xbox's HDD. This will wipe all your game saves. If there are any that aren't currently corrupt you can back them up on a USB flash drive or by moving them into the Cloud Saved Games. Unfortunately if the data has already become corrupt due to a failure there's nothing that can be done to save it. I'd highly recommend you make use of the 512MB of Cloud Saved Games space for your most important game saves in the future. These files are backed up in the Xbox Live cloud and if your system crashes you don't lose them. For more info on this feature you can visit the Support Page for the Cloud Saved Game feature of your Xbox.

As always if you have any additional question for us just ask away!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

-

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support

support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

-

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Iv done the Xbox live re-download already and iv had no problem with it so far anymore. However, there is still a problem with my games. I will list off the problems of the 2 Major games that are having trouble.

Halo 4:

-The game works and campaign works, but the multiplayer continuously requires to be downloaded and all the main maps (haven, ragnorak, Abandon) are not even included and say that I need a DLC to get them.

Skyrim:

-This game doesn't even work. It begins to load, then an error shows up saying "There is an update for this game but it can not be obtained."

If anyone can help or has any ideas please tell me. I could use anything right now.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Halo. I would suggest trying to recover your profile onto a different storage device, such as a USB.

Here is how to download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile, and here is the USB flash drive support for Xbox 360 article if you need reference. 

Let us know if you need any more help. Cheers! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a chance there is something wrong with the hard drive? My friend was talking about hard drive corruption. Can someone show me the steps on fixing that? If it does or does not work i'll make sure to tell you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Knight. Yes, it is possible there could be something wrong with your HDD.

Checkout this article on how to Troubleshoot Xbox 360 Hard Drives. If there is something wrong, here is How to get your Xbox product repaired.

Let us know if you need any more help. Cheers! 

Sorry this didn't help.