Core Xbox Live connectivity affected by update servers

It seems that MS support people are simply ignoring facts that state the obvious. All these error codes, disconnections and the amount of people affected should be obvious enough for any human being with average intelligence to conclude, that there is something wrong with some of the servers issuing updates.

I can confirm that not all people are affected. Some consoles are most definitely assigned to different update servers (like one of my mate's), therefore it's a first indication that our routers are not to be blamed for this.

Secondly, my system was starting to act weird with updates BEFORE the latest dashboard update was applied, so I don't think that the update itself broke the system, since I have successfully installed it from a DVD disc.

Thirdly, it's not just updates but the whole Xbox Live core functionality, like downloading a profile, marketplace and updates for games themselves and in-game marketplace.

To support people: I know that you have procedures and stuff, but if you could confirm with Xbox Live engineers what's with the servers, maybe we could all ease up on ya', because at the moment you should have already acknowledged that your suggestions are not working in this case.

What you don't seem to understand is the fact that it's not our fault what happened, nor our routers. Like somebody mentioned before me: nobody changes their router settings overnight, and they simply don't reset themselves just like that, because otherwise all connectivity would be affected. Especially torrents, though I can use them like before.

You wanted error codes, hey there is too many to type them here. But I have checked all of them with your support pages and they all tried to blame my connection. Now, I have completely switched off my firewall to see if that helps, but it didn't. I have tried every solution you have suggested on your support pages and other forum threads. Even though I have managed to manually install the latest dashboard update, this didn't resolve my problem with other connectivity problems, especially with downloading my profile and downloading other game updates, like for Battlefield 3.

At the moment, I am unable to use Xbox Live, or even my profile, cause I was supposed redownload it, but it kept failing. Because this is a paid service, I expect you to actually talk to your engineers and find out what the hell is going on, acknowledge your fault and display an announcement on a widely visible page about what is wrong, why is wrong and when we can expect it to be resolved.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I cannot edit my previous post for some reason, so I'll add it here:

Unfortunately, I am unable to download my profile. It first checks the connection (it used to fail couple of times before), then it allows me to input my details and confirm, but when actually trying to download the profile it hangs up with a message: "Sorry, Xbox Live profiles cannot be downloaded right now. Try again later. 80072746"

Later doesn't work either, so I'm stuck without a profile on my own console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help i thought i broke my xbox :P

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an update for all you guys interested. After a problem over the weekend with everything regarding Xbox Live, I have managed to re-download my profile from Xbox Live (after few misfires) and after that all updates started working OK for me. Since there are multiple XBL servers handling profiles and updates, don't expect every one of them to be in order just yet, until we get a confirmation from the support team.

Meanwhile, I suggest to give your Xbox a try once more after clearing a cache and rebooting. Good luck! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey! its finally getting fixed

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah it definitally is not our connection, i have 2 x box's and my old one downloads everything fine, first try, i am actually returning my new one tomorrow incase there is sommething wrong with it,through the process of transfering all my data to my old x box again i accidentally deleted a game add on and can never get it back so i lost out on some more money. if we all did not have this problem i would not have transfered anything in the first place. I have had it with this compny i am trying out playstation.

Sorry this didn't help.

ya that helps alot i pay for the premuim service so i want ansers

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, AwakeHealer48. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. However in order to do so I'd first like to ask you to create a new thread. This one is quite old and creating a new thread will enable me to address your specific questions to the best of my ability . Thank you in advance! Standing by for your thread.

Sorry this didn't help.