Copy data to USB

Just a quick question regarding copying data from HDD to USB. Is it possible to copy/ move all data at once or will I have to go in to each game and find the files i need one by one then copy across? - there will be 400+

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I'm not 100% but i think when your in the storage option you can press the Y button and then select to transfer data from one device to another, i'm pretty sure thats what i did when i got a new Xbox. You can either check which items you want to transfer or just do a complete transfer to a new device.

However the Xbox only supports up to 16GB of data on a USB drive so if you are wanting to copy more than 16GB you will have to use more than 1 stick.

Thanks for the info. Will give this a try.

you can also buy a hardware transfer kit. just make sure that you also look into transfering the licenses as well, as sometimes just copying or doing the transfer kit does not always tell the systems to make a change to that console license.. so if you go offline.. you wont have some of the content the way that you should.. had it happen to me once when i used the transfer kit.. but it was simple to fix

Also, if you are wanting to transfer a bunch of downloadable content, you can go onto your profile here, and make a list of stuff to have it download

[quote user="WhiTeYxM"]I'm not 100% but i think when your in the storage option you can press the Y button and then select to transfer data from one device to another, i'm pretty sure thats what i did when i got a new Xbox. You can either check which items you want to transfer or just do a complete transfer to a new device.[/quote]

That's a good description of the transfer feature, but that moves items rather than copying them. If the OP is truly trying to copy, it will have to be done either one item at a time or possibly one title at a time, and not all games allow copying of their saved game files.

[quote user="DannoMcK"]

[quote user="WhiTeYxM"]I'm not 100% but i think when your in the storage option you can press the Y button and then select to transfer data from one device to another, i'm pretty sure thats what i did when i got a new Xbox. You can either check which items you want to transfer or just do a complete transfer to a new device.[/quote]

That's a good description of the transfer feature, but that moves items rather than copying them. If the OP is truly trying to copy, it will have to be done either one item at a time or possibly one title at a time, and not all games allow copying of their saved game files.

[/quote]

Oh yeah i forgot about that, doing a full transfer will move data not copy it, thanks for pointing that out.