Coonection Issue Cant be Resolved

I can connect to Live just fine, but I cant play any game without being instantly disconnected or have massive lag that makes the game unplayable. I have tried multiple suggestions, see below, and nothing will work. I have been a member of live for over five years. I love xbox but this has been rather frustrating for me.

United States

Modem and router unkown.

Was using internal Xbox wifi, switched to a wired connection

I have tried downloading my profile, resetting everything, I switched to an entirely different router, which was a d-link router meant for gaming, which both had up to date firmware, went to a wired connection, cleared my cache, even tried on my brothers profile. Nothing has worked.

Internet provider is Charter

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F0

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Lando, I'm really sorry to hear about the connection issues! Okay, based on your post, I'd like to see the results of a connection speed test and ping test. Can you please post the results for both here? Also, I see you've been a member of LIVE for 5 years--when did these issues begin?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here are two results of both tests. One is from yesterday, and one is from today. My Stepdad handles our internet and has been dedicated to helping me get the best internet options available because of how much i play Xbox. He also would like me to inform you that these are not cached tests and the reason we don't test to the L.A. server is because it is not fast enough for our internet connection. These results are from our internet as of right now. They are real. These problems started for me about five days ago. Thank you very much for responding to my post.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1706333289.png]

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1709691106.png]

Here is a result of a dedicated ping test.

[View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/54636819.png]

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, the connection looks great, thank you. So I see that you tried downloading your profile again. To be sure, did you also try resetting the modem when you installed the new router? Lastly, have you tried changing any settings in the 'network settings' area on the Xbox 360 yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

We did reset the modem when switching to the new router. It didn't seem to change anything. We have tried DMZ and in network settings we switched the DNS to a manual setting instead of automatic, and even then it has not helped. We connected my brothers original Xbox 360 to the network and it works just fine, so it is definitely the xbox. And although I could "just use that xbox" it frustrates me because it's a smaller hardrive and all of my game information such as saves and profile data is on the slim. And i am not going to buy a 250GB hard drive for the original when i already have one. Sorry, I am not trying to sound mean this is just what I believe. It is a good thing for cloud storage otherwise i would have to use a USB to move the data. While this is a convenient solution, I would still like to have the Xbox fixed as it is preferred over the original one. I was hoping it could have been a problem I could mend on my side, but it looks more and more like I am going to have to send it in. Unless there are any other suggested steps, I might have to wait a few months while I save the money for the repair. But I do want to thank you very much for responding to my posts and helping me out in the best way you could. I appreciate that very much.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lando, definitely understandable, and I think we still have some strong options before sending the console in. :-) Okay, the first thing I'd like to try is restoring the console's network settings to default. To do so, please follow these steps:

Reset network settings to default:

• Go to the Settings hub.
  • Select System.
  • Select Network Settings
  • Select your network. 
  • Choose Configure Network Settings.
  • Scroll to the Additional Settings tab.
  • Choose Restore to factory defaults.  

Sorry this didn't help.

It's nice to hear I still have a few last options before I have to shell out $100. Thank you. I restored it to factory defaults on the wired connection but it didn't seem to help. I wish i could at least try it on the wireless option but it won't let me into the options as it says I need a wireless adapter to use a wireless network, despite being a Xbox 360 slim. Sorry if i seem spiteful about sending it in, I do not have any troubles with Microsoft, it can just be a little disheartening to have to pay that in these economic times. And again thanks for the help so far.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lando, I must have missed that the console isn't allowing you the option to choose wireless at all--that definitely indicates a hardware issue. To determine if the issue is affecting only wireless or if it's also the cause of these wired-in issues, there are a couple things to try next. First, can you try connecting directly to the modem? This will allow us to ignore any settings in the router for the time being. If plugging into the router (after resetting it, of course) produces the same results, then we'll have a pretty good idea that the Xbox 360 console will need to be repaired. Also, be sure to test a couple cables, just to be sure.

However, if the console connects in that state, we still have a few more options. :-)  

Sorry this didn't help.