Cool little features?

For those who got their box today what's been the coolest feature you've noticed so far?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

kinect voice recognition

Agree the kinect is brilliant, this is the first time I have used kinect never had it on the 360 but this amazes me!!

Kinect thermo-vision! check it out in the options menu. Its like your being watched by Predator!

Loving Kinect far more than I thought I would, it works brilliantly and response time is proper lightning,  seems to understand me 99% of the time.

Well...for sheer sense of power...Xbox On..on comes the xbox...the Yamaha amp...the tv. Same for off...that's pretty cool.

Definitely the Kinect, redeeming QR codes is a breeze with it and as others have pointed out the voice commands are spot on. Can't fault it whatsoever up to yet.

Also even though I was one of the people who said I wasn't bothered about the TV stuff I have to admit it is a neat little feature and look forward to when its up & running properly.

Yeah the redeeming code feature is very good and I like the fact when you press the guide the game pauses while you mess around on the dash, only problem I have is it seems to take a while from when you unlock and achievement to seeing what you actually did, if that makes sense, as on the 360 when an achievement popped you press the guide and the cheev came up where as this you have to hold the guide down and what not

[quote user="Tall Paul"]

Well...for sheer sense of power...Xbox On..on comes the xbox...the Yamaha amp...the tv. Same for off...that's pretty cool.

[/quote]Have you tried saying it when your TV is on already with your Xbox off?... Just wondering if it turns off the TV as the Xbox comes on.

Being able to leave Kinect in the box, result.

[quote user="Steve Of The O"]

[quote user="Tall Paul"]

[/quote]Have you tried saying it when your TV is on already with your Xbox off?... Just wondering if it turns off the TV as the Xbox comes on.

[/quote] pretty sure it does turn it of Steve. At work now so cant check. Honestly think i will just run my Sky box direct to the TV for now, i don't like the fact if you power off the xbox to standby it doesn't switch to TV instead, so effectively if you connect your tv through the xbox you have to have it on at all times to be able to watch tv, other than this the console is fantastic.