Converting gamer tag back to original

I had my Xbox live account invaded and without my permission my gamer tag was changed and I can not figure out how to revert it back to my original gamer tag. It was SH00TERMAN97 and now it is changed to one with profanity. A service request has been opened to handle the identity fraud issue but they have directed me here for assistance in reverting my gamer tag back to what is was without me having to pay for it.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Greetings!

I apologize that you have experienced an issue like this! I highly suggest, to start off, you change your details relating to your Xbox LIVE account (such as passwords). Contacting support was the right thing to do, they will now make a unauthorized access investigation on your account. In terms of your gamertag, if it brakes the Code of Conduct / Terms of use - a forced gamertag change will be imposed on your account by the PET (Enforcement Team) of which you will not be charged for, however abuse of this (Such as changing to another offensive etc... gamertag could lead to further punishment on the account) If, however, that does not happen, I don't think you will be able to change your gamertag free of charge as an account is the responsibility of the user in terms of keeping it safe etc...!(But whether they decide to impose a free gamertag change or not is not a thing I can say with certainty)

Have a look at the Change Xbox LIVE Gamertag for more information on changing your gamertag! :)

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your input! I will keep an eye on my account for Xbox to ban it and ask people to complain about it to hopefully, speed up that process! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Please note, they will only enforce a gamertag if it is truly offensive. However it is all down to the PET who will then decide whether to enforce a gamertag change or not.

Sorry this didn't help.