Converting account to adult account. ERROR PAGE

Hi, I've been trying to convert my xbox account to an adult one. Since I am 19 years old, I thought it would be as simple as confirming with the parent e-mail. Yet, once I enter the parent e-mail and password, I get an error page:

date:2013-01-24 04:34:43

code:2ACBD44EF988D

s:tNyIRLwwos/0brV+Lgh7vg==

id:82f17554-3d5e-41e1-9ff5-8d26ee138f9b

req:fb06317d-0513-4e48-93f0-a1944e8f1d73

This is what's important written on the page. It tells me I've found a fail in the system.... Well that's awkward please help, thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey SmaZe07! It sounds like you're trying to sign in on Xbox.com? Do you receive an error when you try to log into your account on your console? As you can only promote your account to adult on the Xbox 360 console by following the steps in our support article Xbox LIVE and Zune online safety and privacy to promote a child account to an adult account in Xbox. Let us know how it goes! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You must be on the console to promote your account to adult, are you getting the message there? That doesn't look like a normal XBox code. To promote your account to adult sign in as your account, go to SETTINGS>ACCOUNT/ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT>arrow over to the right twice to the YOUR INFORMATION tile, and select PROMOTE ACCOUNT.

I can't remember if it's going to ask for your password or theirs, but it will require you to enter in a CC. I think it can be a CC on file already too.

This is how you promote your account to adult.

I'm wondering if maybe your signing into xbox.com with your own profile, and then trying to change the content controls or privacy & onlline settings, and that's why it's asking for your parental email & password and somehow giving you that odd error message.

If the steps I provided above don't work, and you get an error message there I would call support for assistance, SUPPORT CANNOT PROMOTE YOUR ACCOUNT, but they can walk you through it or help you get to the root of the issue.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.