Controllers won't charge.

I'm using a Halo Reach special edition xbox 360 slim. After months of not being used, I tried to use it but the controllers were dead. I plugged in the play and charge kit and it works. But there is no green light on the cable. If I remove the cable, even if the controller has been plugged in for hours, the controllers die. It's like the battery isnt even there and it does it on both controllers.

Tonight I gave up and bought a brand new controller, the new d-pad grey one. I plug that into my xbox and the same thing happens!!! I've tried plugging it into my PC and it doesnt charge it either. What gives?

Not alone in this either as there is alot of people on the net with the issue. Some say to keep inserting the charge cable over and over until it takes a charge, which I've done, nothing. Some just say, "oh buy rechargable batteries yourself". I just paid £40 for this controller and it doesnt work out the box.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hi Lord Norr.

This is a problem with your Play and Charge Kit, not the controller.  One of my controllers used to do the exact same thing until I replaced it with a new charge kit.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there, it could be the rechargeable battery pack on the back of the controller that is faulty. When you bought a replacement controller did you replace that too?

Try taking off the battery pack and cleaning the metal prongs that touch the back of the controller, and also you could try a different USB port on your console as the one you are using could not be working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.