controllers not connecting to xbox

I've had my 360 for a little over a year, and haven't had any troubles with it, until recently. All of a sudden, my controllers would stop working while I was in the middle of playing a game. All 3 of my wireless controllers have trouble connecting to the system, even if I plug them in directly via the plug and play adapter. I obviously tried to re-sync them and all of that, but it doesn't help. The controllers will stay connected for a few minutes usually, functioning fine, and then they disconnect. Usually when they disconnected, the green light on the system goes off too. Not just the light that shows the controller is connected, but also the light that shows the Xbox is on. Even though the power light is off, the system remains on. I've Googled ways to fix this, and some suggested removing all the cords connected and the harddrive, and then putting everything back in as a fix, but that doesn't seem to of improved it.

Also, if I leave my system idle, the controller seems to stay connected, but once I start using it, it disconnects. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It ended up working again fine for like 2 days, and then is doing the same thing again now. Fun.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like there is an issue with the wireless module, which would only be resolved with a repair. The option for a paid repair is available if you have owned the console for more than 1 year, or, if you purchased this console within 1 year, you can have it repaired under warranty. support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your system is in need of repair. You can schedule a repair here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems worse now, the power light doesn't turn on at all (even though the system is on), and the controller doesn't even sporadically connect. Even though I can turn the system on with it if I plug it in with the plug and play adapter. Anyone think if I buy a wired controller it'd work? Rather do that than have to send my system away.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I was able to borrow a wired controller from a friend and it seems to work. Tough there's still no ring of light at all on the system. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? Worst case I guess I'll just be using wired controllers, but if anyone has any advice, that'd be awesome. And no, I don't want to send it to Microsoft, because I don't think I should have to pay $100 to fix something that stopped working for no reason a few months after my warranty expired.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone know the cause of this problem? This just happened to me, the same exact problem.

Sorry this didn't help.