Controller/adapter/headsets do not work

We've got two consoles in the house, three controllers, and three headsets as well (one is turtle beach xo).  Between all of these devices there is no combination or series of asinine steps that will allow chat to be used on either of the consoles.  I have fought my way through the support pages only to be offered the opportunity to buy replacements for these defective products at full retail price.  I've been on live for years and have always enjoyed using xbox, but this in no way should be this difficult.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I'm just curious, what exactly is the issue?  Is it both outgoing and incoming chat that done work?  Just incoming?  Just outgoing?  Have you made sure that you assigned a profile to a controller before attempting to use voice chat?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Carn4age 0!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Have you updated the controllers to the latest version.

If you don't know how you can visit this link: support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is not the update- make sure your NAT is open. When the NAT is closed, you cannot access voice chat or multiplayer and may not be able to access correctly. My solution to my NAT was factory resetting my console. (You can check NAT on the Network Settings.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies, and I feel like I really have tried everything and can only assume that the problems I'm having are related to the connection type/adapter needed for the headsets.  

The NAT is open, I ran the update on all of my controllers and reset the console afterwards - I use the energy saver setting on my boxes so each one is a full reset.  I tried the XO One headset plugged into my phone to ensure that the mic and headset work, so I know that's fine.  

On the xbox, using the XO One for reference here, game audio comes through the headset but chat neither comes in or out.  I even went into Upload Studio to attempt to record a voice over just to test that audio was going in, but it was not.  I was really just at my wits end the other night after running through the gamut of solution recommendations and having no reasonable service options available.  

Sorry this didn't help.