Controller Wont connect after accidently unplugging.

Okay so here is my situation. I have a wire that plugs into my controller(ORIGINAL CONTROLLER THAT CAME WITH XBOX ONE) to make it wired so I dont have to always use batteries. I am playing with my friends and I accidently unplug it and I plug it back in and it some times reconnects and other times it just keeps flashing. If it does reconnect it will disconnect again later on. So I always have to restart my console and its fine untill my wire moves again and I have to repeat. This situation also happened back when I used batteries. If my batteries die and I put new ones in my controller wont connect. This is very annoying as if it does reconnect I will not be able to hear anysound out of my headset. This is extremely inconvienient and I would like this situation to be addressed and maybe a controller firmware update to fix this issue. Thanks again,

TROMMEL1234

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

IT HAPPENED 3 TIMES TODAY ALONE

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there TROMMEL1234!

Sorry to hear about the controller connection issues! Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can get this issue sorted:

• First, make sure that your controller has been updated to the latest firmware. You can update your controller by following the steps listed on our Xbox One Controller Update page.
  • Make sure that your console is directly plugged into a wall outlet.
  • If you haven't already, run through the steps listed on our Xbox One Wireless Controller Disconnect page.

Give the suggested steps a try and be sure to let us know how it goes. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mister, it is plugged directly into a outlet and my controller is fully updated. I dont think its my controller charger though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there TROMMEL1234!

Sorry to hear that the issue is continuing to occur. In order for us to collect additional information regarding this issue, I have sent you a private message. Just click here to check your private messages. Also, be sure to try all of the steps listed on the troubleshooting page. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.