Controller won't turn on at all

Awhile back I purchased an Xbox 360 S that came with a black controller and everything was working fine until recently. A few days ago my controller started acting strangely both the start button and guide button were being triggered at the same time. For example when I would hit the start button to pause the game the game would pause but the Xbox guide would also open I had the same thing happen anytime I hit the guide button.

Then yesterday when I tried to turn on my controller nothing happened the lights didn't even flash no matter how many times I try to turn on my controller nothing will happen. I've tried using two different rechargeable battery packs and I tried using the Double-A battery pack but nothing is working. I've tried all three packs on a separate controller and they are working so the problem has to be with the controller.

I'm assuming the controller is busted and won't ever work but I'm hoping there is something I didn't try that could get the controller to turn on again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Depending on how long ago you got your console you may be eligible for a repair/replacement of the controller as it does have a small warranty on it.  Call support to see what they have to say about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.