Controller won't turn on at all, please help. :(

So for last christmas I bought the big xbox 360 S bundle with kinect and all the goodies and all was good. Then my controller started disconnecting. The battery pack seemed to jiggle loose or swomething so I stuck tape over it and went on playing. Recently it had gotten so bad that the batteries would barely stay in enough to where if you held the xbox guide button in it would put on a strobe light show because it couldn't get power properly. So today I went out and bought a play and charge kit. I put the new battery pack in and all was good. I played skyrim for a bit then stuck the controller on the charging cable. I go back to play some more just now and the controller has zero response. The cord has a little green light on it that is supposed to indicate a full charge, but the xbox has no lights, no response. So I put in the busted battery pack and I don't even get any strobe lights. Nothing. So I took out all battery packs, plugged the controller up to the cable and waited a couple of minutes. Still nothing. Xbox says I'm out of warranty so that's a no go. Any help besides buying a new controller? And please don't tell me to try and sync the controller with the little button on the 360 and the controller. It's not the connection it's the fact that I get zero power going to the controller or at least I think that's the problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hello Brick! That's not good! Have you tried using fresh AA batteries with the controller? If not, please give that a try and let us know if that helps at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think perhaps the orginal problem began from the very start, with the unstable battery pack keep falling out. Obviously this is not your fault but over time with it not fitting correctly the batteries have therefore damaged the controller possibly with the bad connection and sticking tape over it just masked the problem. I would have done the same as you in that situation and if with buying the charge pack your still not getting any luck? I'd say buying a new controller was a good bet just so you can get back to gaming ASAP.  Unless anyone else can advice otherwise, i hope it gets sorted for you. Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.