Controller won't sync

Just got my replacement Xbox One only to find out its broken as well. Same exact problem as described by the op in the post below :http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1625722/4282791.aspx#4282791 The controller won't sync- I also don't have a micro USB cable to try to connect it with. Guess I'll be getting ANOTHER Xbox One.....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Sorry to hear that.  We can help, could you ensure that the batteries are brand new and check to make sure the polarity is correct?  You can see the polarity for the batteries on the little metal tabs inside the controller.  Are you seeing the controller respond and turn on?  If yes, there are two ways to enroll the controller available if you don't have a cable.  You can do it with the Sync button on the controller or console or you can use Kinect.  

Those steps are found here - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

You can also try a Power Reset which is easily performed by holding down the power button on the console for around 5 seconds or so and all of the LED's should turn off. 

If that doesn't work ensure your play area is free of possible interference noted in this article here

Remove objects that are between the wireless controller and the console. The wireless controller works within 19.2 feet (6 meters) of your console. However, objects placed between the wireless controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, cell phones)
can interfere with your wireless controller. Remove or relocate the following objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console:

• Microwave ovens
    • Cordless phones
    • Wireless routers
    • Metal dividers
    • Shelving units
    • Doors on an entertainment center cabinet

If these steps didn’t resolve the problem, go to the Online Service Center and click Start Request to request a repair.

Repair or warranty questions? See Xbox One repair: Frequently asked questions.

Via -

http:/support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

">http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

Hopefully it works out for you.  Let us know and if you need help someone can answer or clarify.  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The button on the left side of the system is the sync button you have to press and old it for like 5 sec then do the same for the controller sync button thats on the top of the controller.  Hope thta helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Xenokai. Got my advance replacement through today and could not find how to do this. The button on the side of the console and the sync button on the controller pressed for 5 seconds sorted it straight away. Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Aka Scratch, that's a big problem if you are using Smartglass on a tablet or phone, which makes me wonder if that is why my controller drops randomly on a fresh charge of play and charge batteries...even connected via cable.

Sorry this didn't help.