Controller unresponsive but it's on and connected

So this scenario just happened to me. I can turn the Xbox on with the controller, which has a full charge, however; one the xbox is on the controller is completely unresponsive. The light is still on and solid, the buttons, home button, and joysticks do not work. I restarted the xbox by using the power button on the console, and took out the controller batteries, that didn't fix it. Ended up having to unplug the power source from the xbox, plugged it back in, started the xbox and everything works as it should now. Anyone have this issue before? Is there an update for this I'm missing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

If your Xbox is on powermode "Instant on" then this is a known issue. When the Xbox is on instant on the cache and background apps don't close automatically each time you turn it off, the Xbox basically goes in a sleep mode.

To prevent this from happening again you can change the powermode to "Energy saving" occasionally you'll still need to perform a full powercycle (holding down the xbox button on your console for  10 seconds and unplugging the powersource etc) but far less frequently as on Instant on mode.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, many times removing all power from the console for a few minutes will reset it when nothing else will.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.