Controller problems.

I was playing forza tonight when the rumble and force feed back stopped working. Rebooted the system and the features worked fine for one race then were gone on the next race. Anybody else have this problem? I really hope I don't have a defective controller.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

I'm having this same problem in Need for Speed Rivals - very annoying, there is no setting anywhere (in game or on the dashboard, to turn the force feedback on or off). It's just stopped working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah it really kills the experience on forza. Doesn't even feel like your playing the same game without the force feedback and everything going on in the controller. Can anyone let us know is this a problem with the controller or something in the communication of the controller with the xbox one? I've had my system since day one without any issues other than this controller problem that started last night. I've put fresh batteries in, only thing that will fix it is to reboot the system, but after a race or two rumble and force feedback go out again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't been able to get the rumble back at all - I am thinking of going to get a new controller, but I fear it may happen again as I think it's a problem with the console not sending the instruction back to the control to tell it to rumble, sounds like a patch could fix it, but would like to hear if that's intact in the works... especially before I go dump another $60 on a new control.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should visit http://myservice.xbox.com and register your console. Once registered do request an accessory replacement

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem for me. This night suddenly on Forza my controller stopped rumbling and force feedbacking. No way to restore it. Tried to reboot the system, changing batteries. The controller of my day one edition doesn't rumble anymore. Tried with other games but no result. In forza settings toggled up and down the vibration setting, but once again, with no result. Is it a problem only with controller or a console one?

Sorry this didn't help.

My controler dosen't work I bought a new control today, but i can not click the Home button when I play.

and can not write messages.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try doing a hard reset on your console.  Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.  Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.   Once it is back up and operational test for results.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, GreenKickerSWE! This thread is over 2 years old. If Genesis' suggestion doesn't help you out, please post up a new detailed post so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding!

Sorry this didn't help.