Controller Problems

Over the course of the last 3 months I have been trying to get a good controller to use for my Xbox. The one I first used was the wireless one that came with my Xbox when got the system itself a few years ago. The 2nd and 3rd ones, both wired black ones I've gotten from my local Best Buy have been having the same problem; the analogue sticks often detect movement, even when I'm not using the stick. This is extremely annoying when I try to play games like Battlefield 3, NASCAR The Game: 2011, and Fallout: New Vegas. 

In Battlefield, whenever I set up a bipod, the controller detects some movement for no reason, and reclines my bipod off of whatever surface I'm using it on. It gets really annoying in a Support firefight or while I'm sniping.

In NASCAR The Game: 2011, it constantly detects movements, and randomly moves all over the main menu, making it extremely hard to move around the menus to play the game.

In Fallout: New Vegas, my character sometimes randomly veers off to one direction for a second or two, and it happens commonly while aiming, which is annoying.

If there is any way I can fix this manually, or get an EFFECTIVE replacement without spending another $80 for two new controllers, this would be extremely helpful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Never mind, I'm going try to return them later.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.