Controller not charging battery pack

I recently bought the play and charge kit for Xbox one. When I tried to charge the battery it wouldn't so I got a replacement kit. Now trying to charge that one still no luck. I've tried other cables, other usb ports and plugging it into a wall plug but still nothing and I don't have another controller to try. 

When looking through the support pages, http:/support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/connect-charge-cable-to-controller">http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/connect-charge-cable-to-controller,  I noticed that it says the LED light on the cable wont come on to indicate that there are no batteries in the controller but when I have it plugged in the battery pack is in the controller. 

Anyone have this problem or know a way to fix it cause it looks as though its a fault in the controller:/

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sounds like the jack in the controller isn't working. I know this is a stupid question but do you have another controller? And another stupid question, is the battery pack in the correct way? Although I think it can only go in one way......

What you could do if you don't have a 2nd controller is go to Best Buy and buy one, take it home and see if your battery will charge in that one.

If so, although this isn't the RIGHT thing to do, put the faulty controller back in the 2nd controller packaging and return the bad one. That way you wont have to wait weeks for MS to get you a new one and Best Buy will still get there money back from the distributor.

Again, I'm not saying that's what you should do, just throwing out some ideas for ya. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same thing just started happening to me. I'm thinking its the cheap feeling wire.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.