Controller making strange noises when it vibrates

I bought my Xbox One (day one edition) on day one. Friday everything was perfect, but on Saturday, the controller began to make some strange noises when it vibrates. Sounds like something is spinning inside and it's terrible in games like Battlefield. Is someone having the same problem? Is it normal? What am I supposed to do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,340 Applies to:

Hey Pedrohr360,

Just to check, when you shake the controller does it make a rattling sound besides the D-pad moving?  Its not abnormal. inside are spindles that spin to make the rumbling effect. What kind of noise is it making vs when it is rumbling?

Reach back and lets know what you find

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The noise is like something is spinning inside, but everything is ok now. Some times the vibration works normally, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know yet what is causing the noise.

I know that it is not normal, because sometimes the vibration is perfect, without any noise, but sometimes there is this annoying noise.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've got a weird buzzing/hum coming from my second controller whenever it rumbles. It's quite loud and noticeable. My Day One controller sounds exactly like all my 360 controllers, nothing out of the ordinary at all. The second one I bought sounds completely different. Thankfully, it's just my secondary one and I can do a quick swap with Amazon, which I think I'll set up today. The controller functions well, but in the event that this is a precursor to failure, I'd like to get it taken care of now.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, as some of us know, the vibrate function on the Xbox One cannot be controlled. Of course that needs to be added. But, ontop of that issue, my controllers' vibration function is insane. It is extremely loud(whirring, buzzing, beeping) and invasive. This is a hardware issue that needs to be fixed.

I called Xbox to complain and all they could offer me is a shipping label to send my controller to them. So I rushed out and found an Xbox in my town (difficult) just to send away the one controller it comes with? Come on...

I found a YouTube video with the exact same noises as mine, but I can no longer find it. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox one controller vibration is so loud it wakes people up in the next room please help it sounds dreadful

Sorry this didn't help.

When u play a game go to options and turn off vibate

Sorry this didn't help.