Controller keeps disconnecting from the console

I have been having issues with my xbox one controler for a little while now. I play on one of my 2 monitors I use for my PC, because of this I keep the console with in arms reach. I have it so close that if I am not careful I could turn my console off with my elbow. Every time I have my  controller below the surface of the desk the controller's connection to the console becomes unpredictable. I do keep the console on the desk. the desk legs and main supporting features are metal, but not a lot of metal. the biggest bar is a little over 1/2 an inch wide, and at most one or two of them would be in the way. If I move away from the console I do not have these issues. Just a side note I still had these issues before the desk, the biggest piece of metal then was what was in the monitor or a screw. the only thing I can think of is I am sitting to close to the console, or there is something wrong with the part that talks with the controllers.

I have looked at the controller issues sticky post:

• The issue is not a physical issue with the controller since I have 2 and they both share this issue
  • The controller will turn on on batteries(charge kit & AAs) or usb
  • the only other wifi device in the immediate area would be my phone and I keep it within reach but away from the console
  • the batteries are fine, I have the plug and play kit, ant I get the same results on fresh duracell AA batteries.
  • the only metal object is a metal bar that is used to hold the desk I'm using together.
  • my controler only shuts off with low battery, console power down, or when I tell it to.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there Termanater13 and Dean3x!

Sorry to hear about the controller disconnects! We are currently looking into the controller disconnect issue in this thread. When you get a chance, please go ahead and try the steps that Miss Diggz has included in this thread and be sure to fill out the survey. Feel free to post in that thread, as we will be providing any updates we receive there. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.