I have been having issues with my xbox one controler for a little while now. I play on one of my 2 monitors I use for my PC, because of this I keep the console with in arms reach. I have it so close that if I am not careful I could turn my console off with my elbow. Every time I have my controller below the surface of the desk the controller's connection to the console becomes unpredictable. I do keep the console on the desk. the desk legs and main supporting features are metal, but not a lot of metal. the biggest bar is a little over 1/2 an inch wide, and at most one or two of them would be in the way. If I move away from the console I do not have these issues. Just a side note I still had these issues before the desk, the biggest piece of metal then was what was in the monitor or a screw. the only thing I can think of is I am sitting to close to the console, or there is something wrong with the part that talks with the controllers.
I have looked at the controller issues sticky post:
- The issue is not a physical issue with the controller since I have 2 and they both share this issue
- The controller will turn on on batteries(charge kit & AAs) or usb
- the only other wifi device in the immediate area would be my phone and I keep it within reach but away from the console
- the batteries are fine, I have the plug and play kit, ant I get the same results on fresh duracell AA batteries.
- the only metal object is a metal bar that is used to hold the desk I'm using together.
- my controler only shuts off with low battery, console power down, or when I tell it to.