Controller issues....need solution!!!!

So in the last 6 months I have had 4 controllers. My first was my master chief controller, which had the right bumper fall out. I contacted and they said since it was limited edition there was nothing they could do. I ended up getting a new controller, since my stock headset finally wore out after two years. I went to GameStop an got a used controller and a new PX24 turtle beach headset. Honestly, I shouldnt have gotten a new controller. it shorted out not two weeks into having it and stopped working completely. I got another one, this time new, with the 3.5 mm port for the headset i had and it worked fine for about a month. Then it started drifting heavily upward in menus when my CS was in the neutral position. I decided to just say screw it and get a new controller again. I bought the xbox design lab controller. Made it look nice and pretty. yesterday, it started drifting slightly to the left in one of the menus for the game i was playing. naturally i shrugged it off and thought i had just been slightly pressing it. it did it again today and i looked up a solution. Xbox support said just get a new one. Now im out almost 180 dollars and I dont want to get a new controller since this one is custom. My headset is in crappy shape (after less than six months) and im convinced since it kinda shorted out on my old controller a few times that it could be the root of the problem. 

TL;DR

My controller is drifting to the right slightly. and my headset is acting up. is it possible my headset broke my brand new design lab controller?

Hey there DoomedFriend!

It's unlikely that the headset is causing issues, but it's possible. Have you tried playing without the headset plugged in to see if there's any trouble? Also, when did you purchase your Design Labs controller? You may still be under warranty.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 24 Applies to: