Controller is a Battery Vampire

So! A pretty silly question... I got some batteries for my 360 controller. Not lasting for even two days, it's driven me to frustration. My controller never sucked up this much battery energy before. A friend of mine asked what kind of battery I used. Eveready Super Heavy Duty. My battery knowledge is extremely low. He tells me that that was my problem. The Eveready is for industrial use. He said I should use Duracell or Energizer instead. Is this true? Another friend argues that the brand isnt important. I'd like to know to see if I should buy a wired controller or not.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Well I used to use a batteries , (I used energizer lithium) they worked great and did not run out too quickly. But i was still spending a lot of money on batteries.

I would definitely recommend purchasing an official MS plug and play kit for your pad, they pay for themselves in no time with just not needing to purchase batteries anymore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As for the battery issue it'd depend on how long you use the controller for during those two days. Give Duracells and/or Energizers a go if you get longer out of them then stick with them, if not consider switching to wired.

And if your controller starts sparkling in sunlight stake it in the heart. Yes I made a Twilight joke.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I didnt realize my question posted twice. Argh. True. Getting a Wired would be a lot cheaper than continuously buying batteries all the time. It's definitely something to think about, but I'll try some Energizer or Duracell next time I'm out.

If my controller starts to sparkle, without ANY hesitation, I will buy a Wired/Play Kit.

Thanks, you two! (I wonder if it'll let me choose "Yes" for both of these posts. Gahh.)

Sorry this didn't help.