Controller doesn't turn on Xbox

I am having intermittent issues with my Xbox controller(s) not being able to turn on the Xbox.  When this happens, the controller light blinks for a minute or so and then turns back off.  I then have to manually turn on the xbox by pressing the button on the Xbox.  I have yet to determine what gets the Xbox in this state.  Has anyone else seen this issue? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi, looks like maybe your console needs a hard reset. Press and hold the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, when the xbox powers off remive the power cable from the console. Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the power cable, power on using the xbox button on the console.

-

Then try powering off again and test to see if the xbox then powers on using the controller.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This problem is repeatedly occurring.  When it does, I have to power off the xbox and power it back on to get the controller to power it on again.  This, however, isn't the solution.  I was hoping the update the other day would fix this--but it hasn't.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pmaroun,

I had a similar issue, turns out it was my batteries in my controller. They don't seem to last as long as they did in the 360.

Switch them out and see if that makes a difference. If you have another controller available try using it if it works then it's unlikely to be your console. If it fails, then it may be your Xbox Unit.

Do your Voice commands work "Xbox, On"?

Sorry this didn't help.