Controller disconnecting

Hi

Have had problems with the controller disconnecting every few minutes. Have tried powering down the xbox, clearing the persistabt storage, resyncing through kinetic and through a cable but it still disconnects.

Help as I dont want to pay for a repair which is occuring more and more. Also tried a new controller and had mine tested on a working console and it connected

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Anybody?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello GoryNoel

I see that you have a problem and I want to help you. if you press this link and scroll down then there are some solutions that I recommend trying

support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-disconnects

with best regards

Galiimo521

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi i have bought a wired controller and i am not having any problems. Would this suggest the controller is at fault?

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome to the disconnecting club.

Have a read through the following 2000+ post topic

forums.xbox.com/.../1825293.aspx

If you want the Microsoft response its :-

For those that want the Microsoft response :

---------------

Hey there everyone,

For those of you who are experiencing this issue and haven't already, I strongly recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps within our support article on what to do if your Xbox One controller disconnects. I would also recommend using your controller connected with a micro-USB cable to the Xbox One console in order to help with the controller's connectivity.

If you've gone through all of the troubleshooting steps listed within that support article and you continue to experience the disconnecting issue after trying out two different controllers, we recommend setting your console up for a repair. To get started, navigate to our Online Service Center. If you need additional assistance with setting up the console repair, give our phone support team a call by heading over to our Contact Us page.

If you're experiencing a different issue with your controller than what is described in this thread by the original poster, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you'll have the opportunity to receive support catered to you from our community.

Thanks again everyone for your patience and detailed posts along the way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Both of my controllers keep disconnecting. Each day it gets worse. It started when the controller update happened. Now the Xbox isn't even playable as it disconnects about every minute. What a waste of money.

Sorry this didn't help.