Controller connectivity, and related issues

I sit one floor directly above my Xbox and I am running in to a lot of controller connectivity issues. It's the same exact setup I had with my Xbox 360, but the Xbox One controller will disconnect a few times every hour for a few seconds.  I have a support case open with Microsoft, but right now they are going to RMA my console as I have had this happen with two different controllers.  The only thing in the 2.4ghz range is my Wifi, which was functional with my 360.  Has anyone else noticed a weaker controller, or some shorter TTLs on controller connectivity?

Also, when the controller disconnects the party chat sometimes totally breaks.  I have a headset plugged into my controller, which typically limits the chat audio to the headset (which is yet another way the 360 out classes the Xbox One).  When my controller reconnects here are some of the random things that might happen:

• I rejoin party chat just fine
  • I end up in both game and party chat, which I can hear through my headset (which would be an awesome feature), but no one can hear me talk I assume I am talking in game chat)
  • I end up back in party chat, but no one can hear me talk (I assume I am talking in game chat)
If anyone has any advice that would be great, but I'm really posting this as support listed it as my best option to submit a bug.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You can try going through the steps here: forums.xbox.com/.../4209350.aspx to see if this will fix your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same exact problem.  MS doesn't have a solution that actually works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.