Controller Connection Problem

I have a problem with all three of my controllers that when they are not connected to the xbox, but the xbox is on, they can not connect to the xbox. Some examples of this for me are:

I turn my xbox on through my controller ( so both are on ) and then I leave my xbox alone for a while so the controller turns itself off to conserve battery power,

I turn my xbox on through the xbox button ( so only xbox is on ) then the controllers can not connect to the xbox.

The controller can not connect back to my xbox or I have to get fresh batteries for my controller, it will not connect back to my xbox when I put the new batteries in.

When I sync my controller, the controller blinks like it synced, but it will not turn itself on and keep on blinking.

** When trying to connect my controller to my xbox it just blinks like it is not synced to it, yet trust me, it is. Sometimes the controller actually does connect back to the xbox, but 90% of the time it does not. I do not know if my headset can help find the problem, but if I unplug my headset from the controller, only half of the time the xbox recognizes the headset is actually in the controller meaning sometimes I have to turn my xbox off so I can talk and hear people through my headset again. I have the new xbox 360 250GB Kinect Ready Version and this has been happening for a while now. I am finally put up with it, and was hoping that someone on the forums could answer my question. I am xbox inclined so please do not give me "Try syncing it" response, because trust me, I have tried all I can do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Have you tried to reset the XBOX 360 at all and restore it to factory settings to see if some sort of setting could be causing this to happen (this will erase all data, accounts etc on the XBOX 360 - in case you want to keep data you may want to remove your XBOX 360's 250GB HDD and then try these steps out before requesting repair) - To reset the XBOX 360 Console to Factory Settings do the following: My XBOX > System Settings > Console Settings > System Info > Input the following > LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, X, Y, A, Down (On the D-Pad), Down (On the D-Pad), Down (On the D-Pad). > This should bring up a prompt asking you if you'd like to reset the XBOX 360's settings to factory default. If that doesn't work I suggest contacting XBOX Support and getting your console repaired (I would suggest trying a fresh controller - brand new, but the chances of three different controllers all facing the same issue is very unlikely). So my suggestion would be to send in your console for repair by either calling XBOX Support for your region or by visiting http://myserivce.xbox.com. Repair is free if your console is under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty (which in your case seems like it would be) and if it isn't for some reason then you'd have to pay $99 for the out of warranty repair. Hope that information helps you out in some way, let us know if we can be of any more assistance to you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, just wasn't the response I wanted, but I guess I forgot to mention I have the xbox slim with the internal HDD, so is it still possible to take out? Thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes of course it's possible, quite easily: support.microsoft.com/.../2122754 > Instructions on how to do just that.

Sorry this didn't help.