Controller and Headset Won't Reconnect

Here is my setup: 

Slim 250GB XBOX 360

2 Official Xbox 360 Controllers 

1 Charge and Play Pack powered controller (primary controller)

1 Battery Operated (secondary controller)

1 Wireless Headset. 

Problem:  

I first started noticing this while watching netflix a few weeks ago.  The controller would time out after a while and shut itself off like normal.  Then when I go to turn it back on (hold the xbox button) it does not connect to the xbox.  The lights just keep blinking and the xbox does nothing.  Sometimes but not all the time while the first controller is blinking and trying to connect the second controller will connect for me if I try to turning it on.  This does not happen every time though.  The other times it will just blink just like the first one.  I just noticed as well that my headset does the same thing.  It occasionally does it during games but I don't often have my game paused long enough for my controllers to time out.  In order to get anything to connect again i have to hit the power button on the console itself then restart the console.  It's such a pain to do that every time because then I loose game progress or I have to go all the way back into netflix.  I'm not sure if it is my console or something I'm doing wrong any help would be great.  Distance should not be a problem because I Sit like 2 and a half feet away from my Xbox.  

I don't know if this is a related problem or not but my primary controller will sometimes vibrate like normal during game-play but will just keep vibrating until i power cycle my xbox.  I'm not sure If the secondary controller does this or not I don't use it enough to know.  I suspect this vibrating problem might be a sign of the play and charge pack going out. the pack is kind of old.

Before you even suggest it: YES, I HAVE TRIED THE SYNC BUTTON ON THE CONSOLE AND CONTROLLER.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Just to clarify, does this behavior happen with both controllers? Or just the primary one? Does it happen with the Play and Charge cable plugged in?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It happens to the second controller but not every time but Yes it does happen.  

No it does not seem to happen when the Play and Charge Cable is plugged in but then again the controller does not time out when the cable is plugged in. It just says on.

I would really like to figure out of this is a serious problem because my warranty is up in Sept.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you disable vibration on the console settings, does that help with the issue at all?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried disabling vibration while it was in one of its vibration fits and it just kept vibrating.  seems the only way to get it to stop is to shut off my console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, just to clarify - your controller wouldn't stop vibrating either?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it will start to vibrate but wont stop until i restart my console.  I even tried to turn vibration off while it was vibrating and it was a no go.  It does not do this all the time though only sometimes.  

Sorry this didn't help.

This happens to me as well, but usually when I accidentally disconnect the headset. If I try to plug it back in, I can't talk/hear anything though the headset until I restart my Xbox. I've noticed that this ONLY happens on my Halo 3 controller, and not my 11 others, so it's a controller problem and has nothing to do with the console or the headset.

Not sure how much that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. After timing out the controller won't connect. It turns off when I turn off the console so it is connected somehow but it just blinks and won't connect right

Sorry this didn't help.

GenocideOfNoobs - Do you have any wireless devices in the same room? A cordless telephone perhaps?

Sorry this didn't help.