Controller a fire hazard

Well I got my xbox one for Christmas. When I installed the batteries in the controller and started to set up the console I found that the battery door was getting warm to the touch. I immediately opened the door and took put the batteries which were so hot by this time I couldn't hold them in my hand. I contacted support and they are sending me out another controller. After getting mine back. So here I sit no controllers to be found in any store close to me with a console I can't use wondering if there is anything else wrong with it

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 94 Applies to:

I feel your pain, but I did find one to hold me till I get mine back......MS is REALLY dropping the ball here imo.....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm about ready to take it back and go with a ps 4.  The guy I talked to didn't sound too concerned that it shorted out.  My question is what if the thing blew up while a child was  using it?

Sorry this didn't help.

well I HOPE that cant happen but im no expert on AA batteries......as for the PS4 switch, id be lying if I said I hadn't  thought of it, but the boy (11 and its his call really ) wont even think of making the switch.....

Sorry this didn't help.

well that can happen with any electronics.   I'm sorry it happened but buying a different system is definitely a choice you can make, but rest assured that all electronics have failure rates.  Only sample production volumes are tested.  Not every piece coming off an assembly line gets tested.

What is usually done to control quality is a quality system that using metrics such as PPM.  All companies shoot for PPM's to be very low.  As with any assembled system, many suppliers and components are assembled to make the product.  Each supplier has their own PPM acceptance rate.  

In a perfect world everything would work 100% of the time.  That's just not possible to control with modern manufacturing processes.  Of course one could state lets check everything 100%, but the cost passed the consumer would not be viable.

I write this as I think about my companies PPM and the failures when someone buys one of our $80K construction machines.   I always feel bad when a new product has failures.

However now that all that is explained above, I do believe too make up for such failures the company must have a good will and warranty/support system to help customers and keep them loyal.  

Even after the RROD fiasco last launch MS did step it up with the warranty. Hopefully this go around we see no need.  Its incredible still to me with over 2.1 million Xbox One systems sold that there are still very low volumes of issues.  

I hope that trend continues as no one want to part with their hard earned money for problems.  

Sorry this didn't help.

PS owners are reporting just as many failures. It's what you have to expect when you adopt new tech at launch there will be bugs. I am on my second XBone now. Retailer exchanged the first one no problem. Post your gripes cause that's

How things get changed but saying "I'll just get PS" is foolish. As PS fans are saying "maybe I'll just get XBone" right now because they are having launch related failure/problems. Sorry it happened but...........cowboy up ..or go cry in the truck.

Joshua Randall

Sorry this didn't help.