control issues

I have just got a new LG 43 inch TV, and I'm setting it up with my Xbox One to allow it to be controlled by the Xbox, during the guided setup the entire thing works fine, it sends all of the commands to my TV and the TV receives them, however after the setup is finished when I use my media remote or my voice nothing happens, it does not work at all, although it still turns the TV on and off on startup and shutdown, have tried a lot of things to fix it and can't find anything else online. It is very annoying having to use multiple remotes when watching Netflix on my Xbox, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. 

TV model: LG 43LF590V.

Xbox is on instant on mode.

Had it since march 2014, worked fine with my other TV.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Does it work through the smart glass app?  If anything is blocking The IR line of sight I've found that control can be hit or miss, but for some reason it always seems to work when I use the smart glass app.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I haven't tried it, I also don't have access to it at the moment as my phone is broken and it will probably be a while before i get a new one, there is nothing in the way, i've tried moving things around but no luck, and my TV is controlled fine during the set up process, just not after that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.