Content transfer

Hi, I got an Xbox Slim last night and I want to transfer the content from my old Xbox (external HDD) to the slim. I looked on-line and they showed that any of the official HDD transfer, whether new or old, will help with this issue. I followed the instruction except, I don't the pop-up screen that tells me I can transfer. I went to the storage and it doesn't show the hooked up HDD. Any idea on how to proceed?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you're looking to transfer save games why not use the cloud?  Reconnect the hard drive to the older console and move the saves to the cloud.  You'll be able to access them on the new console.

From there you can simply redownload any DLC that you previously purchased from your download history.  On the console go to System>Accounts>Download History.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That'd be a lot of transfers using just cloud. If it's not showing properly, maybe you got a defective piece? Return it for another, make sure it's a certified MS piece. I've bought one many years ago and it works fine. Takes a few minutes to pop up sometimes, but always worked.

I'd also go to System>Storage to see if anything shows up there if you haven't.

Sorry this didn't help.

Something else to try is power the xbox off, remove the hard drive you're transferring the data from, connect the data transfer cable to the xbox and power on, once the xbox reaches the dashboard connect the hard drive you're transferring the data from to the data transfer cable.

-

If you are asked at all to configure the hard drive do not proceed any further, third party cables will wipe all the data and make the drives useless as xbox hard drives.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

It told me I need to configure the hard drive when I connect it.

I just ordered the new transfer cable. I'll see if that works.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is that you're using an external drive.  3rd party drives are not supported and can fail to be read.  The reason I'm suggesting you transfer the saves to the cloud using the older console is because the older console may still be able to read the drive.

This is your only option as you cannot use a transfer cable to transfer data from an external 3rd party drive to an official drive.

Sorry this didn't help.