Content Transfer Questions

Hello, My girlfriend bought me a brand new XBOX 360 today for my birthday, I want to transfer the content licenses from my old xbox to my new xbox, sounds simple right, well my son has an xbox too, it was my first one, and I gave it to him. He lives with his mother and not me, i have content on there that he plays and i would like it to stay that way. When i try to do the license transfer, it says it is going to pull the licenses from all the xboxes on my account to my new one. Is there a way that i can only transfer the licenses from my current old xbox to my new one, without the transfer cable dealy? id like to not buy it plus im going from and old elite to a new slim it seemed that process was a little different. Thank you in advance for you help and reply ...

Joe

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry to say but with the license transfer it is an all or nothing deal. So if you want your son to maintain use of the DLC on his console, you wont be able to do the license transfer.

You will still be able to use your content on your new console when online, but you wont be able to use it offline and other accounts on the 360 wont be able to use it either.

How much DLC is on your son's console? If it is not too much you could buy him points so he can buy it himself on his account and then you'd be free to do the license transfer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it was DLC that you got under his account your OK if it was all stuff you bought with your account DC is correct. It will pull all of it off the first xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.