Content Restrictions for family member not working

I have my son set up with an account and added to me under family. I have his content restriction set to 13 and below. However when he is signed in his content restrictions is set to Unrestricted. I have tried several times to make changes, log out, only have him signed in, restarted. But nothing I do seems to change this. It is accepting the restriction I set for Block Explicit TV whenever I change it, but Content Restrictions and Web Filtering will not change. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi gadgetdad, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Family Settings on your Xbox One. Where are you getting this error? Is it on the TV? If that's the case, then you need to setup your Set top box with Parental Controls. The Xbox does not filter the STB (set top box). The Xbox just takes whatever signal it gets for HDMi and passes it to the television. The guide and channels are not from the STB, and just something that MS programs for your select provider.

Basically the family settings are more for internet and apps. For example. My kids Xbox doesn't have a STB and instead they use the Verizon APP which does block content based on the age set up on their profile. Now you stated that internet also? That should be blocked based on your selections. I would go online and verify that it shows their accounts blocked. To check this go to live.xbox.com, then click "my account" under your gamertag in the top right. Then click "Security, family, & forums". After that, Click "online safety for Xbox On" Under Privacy & Online safety. Select the profile you want to manage, and ensure the proper settings are there. If you do not see any change, then go ahead and make them here. If you do not see the profile you want, then go to the link below and setup your family safety settings. 

Xbox One Family Settings 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.