Constantly get disconnected from XBOX Live after a few minutes

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Germany

Modem brand & model number: Router brand & model number: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170   Firmware version 29.04.82 (latest available)

Network Connection Type: Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?  Internal (Xbox 360S)

Things you have tried: Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown :  As far as I know... I am no longer getting the 'enable UPnP message'

Is NAT Type Open? :  As far as I know... I am no longer getting the NAT is Moderate message

Any Error Codes you encounter:  None

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? DSL

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Deutsche Telekom / TKS

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?  I don't see an option for 'More info'.  I do see '(Y) Status, which shows: 

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The more details that you can provide, the better your chances are that someone will be able to figure out what the problem is and how to resolve it.

How long has this been happening?

Have you made any changes to your network hardware (new router)?

Do you have any other devices on your network?

Have you made any changes to your service package from your ISP?

Can you try connecting via ethernet cable to see if you are able to stay connected?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same exact problem here in South Carolina in the US. All the computers in the house are online fine (3 of them) and I can log into Live for like 5-10 minutes. I start watching ESPN 3 or Netflix and it just disconnects at random. Really annoying and Live is the only Internet problem I'm having.  I also have a 25Mb/sec connection so it's not a lack of bandwidth.

???

Sorry this didn't help.

hmmm...have any of you checked your most used games for corrupt files? that would explain the constant disconnections

or corrupt gamertag profiles

Sorry this didn't help.

How long has this been happening?  Just got DSL Service at a new home today... has been happening all day.

Have you made any changes to your network hardware (new router)?  See answer to 1st question.

Do you have any other devices on your network?  Yes... on one PC had no problems with (2) separate 1 hour long live meetings.  Another PC had no problem uploading about 1 GB  to Carbonite... on iPod, had no problem downloading updates for about 8 applications.

Have you made any changes to your service package from your ISP?  See answer to 1st question.

Can you try connecting via ethernet cable to see if you are able to stay connected?  Not very easily as I don't have a cable that long, and there is no nearby connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DoYouLikeHam"]

How long has this been happening?  Just got DSL Service at a new home today... has been happening all day.

Have you made any changes to your network hardware (new router)?  See answer to 1st question.

Do you have any other devices on your network?  Yes... on one PC had no problems with (2) separate 1 hour long live meetings.  Another PC had no problem uploading about 1 GB  to Carbonite... on iPod, had no problem downloading updates for about 8 applications.

Have you made any changes to your service package from your ISP?  See answer to 1st question.

Can you try connecting via ethernet cable to see if you are able to stay connected?  Not very easily as I don't have a cable that long, and there is no nearby connection.

[/quote]

Do you have dsl line filters on all the other phone jacks in the house?  

Does your computer ever hang or freeze when loading webpages?  Try refreshing a webpage as soon as you get disconnected from Xbox Live.  If it doesn't load immediately, it's probably your dsl signal dropping out.  If that is the case you'll need to contact your ISP to troubleshoot the problem with your connection.

Sorry this didn't help.