Constantly disconnecting from Xbox Live while playing games

Constantly being disconnected while playing single player on games.  Also disconnects in the middle of downloads of game updates.  This problem started about a week ago and is very frustrating.  I'm wired not wireless.  Tried resetting the modem/router and also deleted and redownloaded my profile, which also paused and stopped mid downloading.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Dgdevil69!

Before we begin troubleshooting, we would like you to answer a few questions that may help us with your issue. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  Georgia

Modem brand & model number: Arris TG862 from Xfinity/comcast

Router brand & model number: built in to the arris

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? wireless will not connect to this model so using ethernet cable

Things you have tried: resetting modem tested connection and researched the web

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? no

Any Error Codes you encounter: no

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast/xfinity

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000 - 000B

X:0000 - F001

Y:20A8 - 4840

Z:0000 - 0000

ID:FFFF - FFFF

L:0015 - 10F1

Q: 8007 -0435

T:WIRED

A:10.0.0.4/255.255.255.0

G:10.0.0.1

D:75.75.75.75/75.75.76.76

Works fine when I watch Netflix and will be okay sometimes for a day but then it starts up while playing a single player game and disconnects every 5-10 minutes.  Very frustrating

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dgdevil69! Unfortunately the info you provided shows the console enjoying a happy, healthy connection during that moment in time. Do you notice this happening with specific games? Or all games? It's worth a shot to try clearing your console's cache. This would remove the temporary files your console uses, and clear any bad/corrupted files that may be lurking in the depths! If you're unfamiliar how to accomplish this, don't worry - we have an article for that! Check out How to clear your console's cache. Once you've done that, give your favorite single-player game a whirl and let us know the results. :) 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried clearing the cache and also tried deleting the profile and redownloading it.  Still did not work.  Now it will even disconnect in the middle of Netflix.  I have found that when I exit a game and it's not connected it will automatically reconnect.  Is there a known issue with this modem/router combo?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you check UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and make sure it is enabled. Make sure your console are set to obtain IP address and DNS automatic. How to enable UPnP on Arris TG862G (Xfinity).

Sorry this didn't help.