Constantly disconnected from Xbox Live

So I'm not sure if it's my internet or Live, but I get kicked all the time, every day from Xbox Live.  It happens the most when I try to watch Netflix.  I can't even finish a twenty minute episode.  It started about a month ago, so it's recent.  We have the same internet provider, but we recently got digital cable.  They moved our wireless modem downstairs because the TV's are connected to boxes and work wirelessly instead of cable through the wall.  I don't know if that made the difference.  It is really frustrating and if it is my internet I would like to know how to fix it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Can you start with our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) to see if any of those suggestions help. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think it is Live that is messed up.  I tried resetting our modem and our router but that didn't stop it either.  I usually get disconnected like every ten minutes if I use Netflix and every hour or so if I am just playing Call of Duty or an online game.  I know it is my internet but I don't know a lot about wireless so I'm not sure how to fix the problem.  One of my friends said it was probably a bandwidth issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can get us that info that is requested in the link Mister Gwyther posted, it would help us a lot in trying to narrow down the issue on your network. :)

Sorry this didn't help.