Constantly being ejected from games while not losing connection to LIVE?

Hello there. I've been havin' an issue here for a good while now, but it's slowly been getting worse and worse over the course of a few months. At first, it only happened off and on, but now this happens consistently. I'm able to connect to Xbox LIVE successfully most of the- a majority of the time, but that's not the issue. Even though I can connect to Live itself, it just flat-out refuses to stay connected to any match I join.

The thing is, I've already attempted so many different methods to resolving it, all failures. I've tried multiple games, and it happens in all of 'em. I tried deleting and redownloading my profile, didn't do squat. Tried unplugging my Ethernet cable and plugging it back in, still nothing. Tried clearing data cache in my stoarge, also nothin'. I even tried the most simple stuff, such as relocating my powerlink to different outlets (I'm connected to LIVE via an Asoka Pluglink that my ISP, AT&T, provided me a while back; see below for what these powerlinks look like).

What weirds me out is the fact that I'm still well and able to access every other feature on LIVE, all it does is kick me out of games, sometimes mid-way through, other times immediately after I join. I even have an Open NAT setting. I just dunno what's happening, and I've no idea what else to do.

This is the exact Pluglink I use to connect to LIVE:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have been having this problem for a whole month, and on my favorite games, Halo Reach, I join a game, in about 5-15 minutes, it will go to black screen, the it will say "selecting new host", then it will say "connecting to new host", then every body quits, but really, its just me lagging out of the game, and i have wireless internet,  but every since my internet has been upgraded, I have been having this problem, same as you, I tried, and I tried, but nothing works. My ISP knows but they are having some difficulty to fix it so I guess we'll have to wait it out...ghrrr!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Plug links and wireless connections although convenient are extremely prone to interference from wireless devices, microwaves, TV's, even static. It only takes a few lost packets for you to get disconnected from a server since they are very latency dependant. whereas simply maintaining a connection to Xbox Live and browsing the dash, even streaming a movie can deal with these kinds of issues since they can buffer and the packets can catch up.

I would suggest connecting via Ethernet directly to your Modem/Router and see how that works. If you get the same problem then there is definitely a faulty piece of equipment somewhere. Otherwise you simply have too much interference for your wireless devices to function within acceptable parameters for online gaming.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured that'd be what could resolve the issue, but the major problem there is that my modem is in a whole separate room, and I cannot move my Xbox anywhere else in the house except my own room. This separate room, mind you, is my sisters' rooms (used to be my mother's room before they switched).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there uragano!

Have you tried to restore your Asoka pluglink's to factory defaults? If you haven't, consult the manual for your Asoka pluglink's, how to restore to factory defaults.

Reconnect and run the installation process.

Let us know how that goes.

The impossible just takes a little longer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if I can, I didn't get any CDs with this device, since our AT&T servicemen gave 'em to us back when we installed their service.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, I managed to download the Admin utility for my 9650 Pluglink and give it a unique password. However, after I did so, my Xbox Live will not connect at all! Before, I could at least make it into a match, but now it won't even let me sign in!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't let anyone tell you it's the wireless connection I get Kicked from games / lose connection with host every 1.5 to 2 hrs with a wired connection and a solid 13mb download 1mb upload speed

If you manage to fix it let me know

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello I'm trying to connect 360 to xbox live, cannot get to connect to wireless router? Any suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Remember, if you change the password on one of your pluglink's, you'll need to apply the same password for your other pluglink as well. Afterwards, do a rescan of the network, to ensure both devices appear in the utility.

Did you have the chance to restore your adapter's to factory defaults?

Keep us posted!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DuplicateNote2!

Appreciate if you can create your own thread and detailing out your situation for us.

Include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 38 Applies to: