Constant disconnects while in parties/playing games.

Never bothered posting on the support forums before, as I can usually work problems like these out for myself. But this one has me stumped.

My Cable and internet provider (Bright House, Roadrunner.) recently brought me out a new cable modem/wireless router combo. This was about 5 months ago. My Xbox is hard-lined directly into it.

Ever since, I've had sporadic disconnects from Xbox Live. I had them with the old modem, but it was never this bad. It's fine if I'm playing a single-player game while connected, but as soon as I join a party or begin playing a multiplayer game  - problems start to arise. I'll begin disconnecting and reconnecting to parties, and it'll outright boot me from multiplayer. Sometimes it won't even reconnect me to the party. This happens reliably anywhere between 10-15 minutes. My internet runs solid constantly at 35/5, so I don't think it's a speed problem.

I've contacted both Bright House and Roadrunner. They've sent their techs out, and they've found no problems with the modem, or any of the connections. The Roadrunner tech went so far as to tell me if the problem continues - it was something on Xbox Live's end.

My NAT is Open, however the Xbox itself is getting on in years. It's an old refurbished (By Microsoft.) Pro. I've had this one for about four years, and it's the second one I've had sent back to me by Microsoft after my original, and the one they replaced it with stopped reading discs. Not sure if this could be a contributing factor, but I'm just covering my bases.

The only thing I've been able to do to combat this constant frustration is disconnect our phones from the wifi, and disconnect both computers from the internet. It seems to run stable at that point, allowing me to get in an hour or so of co-op before it starts disconnecting again. This is simply not a viable option, however, as my wife and other housemates obviously do not appreciate me disconnecting everything just so I can use Live.

Thanks for taking the time to address my problem. Looking forward to any help you can provide!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you check that this combo devices is  XBOX critafied devices?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think this might actually be my problem. Looking over the router, I don't see any sort of notations that mark it as compatible. I'll see if my provider will swing me out a new one from that list you linked. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.