constant disconnects when I try multiplayer in gears of war 3, modern warfare 3 and modern warfare 2

I am having a problem here of being disconnected from Xbox Live if I use the Built in wireless for the 360. if I connect directly to the router, I don;t have any problems staying in games or on Xbox. this started yesterday morning and seems to continuiously stay. the error codes I have gotten range from IP address error to Dns error earlier. I am curious if the service alerts are what is causing this or if there is something that specificaly needs to be done on my end.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you checked your router settings?

First you should check if your router is compatible with Xbox Live. You can do that here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

There is a good chance that your router will work, even though it is not on the list, so you should take a look at your routers NAT settings, which can be done here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

When you have changed the NAT settings, open the Network settings on the Xbox and make a connec-tion test of the wireless network. Another way, is to start Halo: Reach. That game will tell you if your NAT is open or not.

When opening NAT settings on the router it is a good idea to assign a fixed IP adress in the router to the Xbox and the enter this IP adress manually in the Xbox network setting. This way you can be sure that the Xbox always has an open NAT setting.

Good Luck.. And if it doesn't work. Write again.. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forgot to add this

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number: Netgear N300 Dual Band Wireless Router ADSL+2/modem Router

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal

Things you have tried: Restarting router, restarting xbox, getting a new ip address. (runs from a wired connection fine just not the wireless)

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown yes

Do you have a NAT error? no

Any Error Codes you encounter: ip address error, DNS error

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? AT&T

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

and I don;t have a fixed ip to assign. the router assigns the ip to whatever connects to it. and yeah the Nat is always open.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, it seems you have checked (and know) a lot already.. :)

I quess, I can't help you then. I hope you'll find a solution.. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah I have a reasonably good router. and hope to eventually get a different one for the xbox as this is the one that is attached directly to the PC. I did download the profile though and so far. (don't know how long it will last) it has worked with the connection issues. I was able to get some rounds in mw3 this morning withoput timing out :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear it Alpha! Can you let us know if you run into any additional issues?

Sorry this didn't help.

yep sure will.

Sorry this didn't help.