Constant Disconnects from Live since 2-3 weeks ago.

Hi,

Ok I have the same problem multiple people on this forum have. My 360 disconnects from live all the time. It's worst when sitting on the dash, I'm lucky if it lasts 2 minutes. On video streaming stuff i get maybe 10-20 but it can be as low as 5 minutes if it feels like it. Half the time I can reconnect straight away and half the time i get every error under the sun within the space of 2 minutes. 

It's been like this for 2-3 weeks now and it's getting ridiculous. NOTHING changed on my setup and it has worked almost perfectly for nearly 5 years with this equipment.

Here's the info requested in the sticky:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? UK
Modem brand & model number: N/A
Router brand & model number:  Bufallo WBMRG-54 ADSL Modem/Router
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Using WIRED
Things you have tried:  Resetting Router/Xbox and every combination of that. Unplugging and replugging wires. Static IP. Port Forwarding
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown - Right now, yes, but have tried both and neither make any difference.
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No Error, NAT is Open
Any Error Codes you encounter: Whatever the 360 feels like at the time. Have had MTU/IP/Internet/DNS errors in the space of 5 minutes of testing connection, making me think the hardware or network isn't actually the problem. 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? BT
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-000B
X :0000-000D
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 0000-000D
ID: 0003-000D
L: 8015-190B
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wired
D:
S:
C:

I'd just like to say again that this exact setup worked perfectly until about 3 weeks ago and no changes were made. Other internet enabled stuff (1 PC WIred and 2 Netbooks) have no problems whatsoever.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello? Can I get an answer please?

I haven't been able to get on Live all day. The service isn't fit for purpose right now and it's not really on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ive been being dc too and unable to dl the new update. Ive had it, im trading all my games and consoles in for ps3 unless i can get somewhere by the end of today. I dont even care that i spent money on a whole years membership or the fact ive invested over 80 dollars online for DLC

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I'll be doing the same pretty soon. Getting tired of it and also the stock answers and stonewalling by tech support on this forum. We all know it's not our hardware/software - but as usual you have to go through this. I wonder how long it will take for them to sort their end out? Had a PS3 before and I'm quite happy to have one again if it means I can actually get on the PSN.

Except I won't just be taking it I'll be getting my money back because they are selling this service and it's not what is advertised. As in you can't even get online let alone do anything else!

Sorry this didn't help.

right, i was a previous ps3 owner before but sold all my belongings as i was deployed to Afghanistan. Better features anyways, ps3 exclusive games more appealing, actually have an internet browser, and most of all? its freeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and just to add if tech support ever do show up - Yes I have redownloaded my profile, cleared the cache and every other suggestion I've seen in the many, many threads on this forum relating to this issue we all suddenly had with our separate routers and almost exactly the same time. It's such a weird coincidence.

Sorry this didn't help.

Collymilad said it best. Stonewalling by the tech support. Its funny how hundreds of people are having issues but the stock answer is "test your connection". Everyone didn't just start having bad connections overnight. lets put 2 and 2 together. new update released...people having issues....hmmmmm appears to be an update flaw.

Sorry this didn't help.

It will be something to do with Live.

I feel sorry for the tech dudes though. They're sent over the top of the trench to say stuff and suggest stuff they know is useless whilsts MS work on trying to fix it. We'll probably never hear anything about it the problem will just magically disappear one day.

Not that I'll be around to see it if this continues for another week or so. I love my 360 but offline it's pretty useless to me.

By the way there's ANOTHER update coming in now.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's odd because it seems to get updates ok, and I get Up, Up, Up, Up in the status bit after the connection test half the time but then it still won't connect. It's infuriating.

Sorry this didn't help.

haha its a mirror case for me too. still trying to do pdate

Sorry this didn't help.

Well it connected after the update but I'm not going to hold my breath, let's see how long it takes to disconnect sitting at the dash.

Sorry this didn't help.