Country - USA

Modem Brand and Number - AT&T U-verse Modem

Network Connection - Wired

Is UPnP Enabled - Unknown

Is Nat Type Open - Yes

Any Error Codes Encountered - Not currently

What Type of Internet? - Cable

ISP - AT&T U-verse

Test Xbox Live Connection & More Info? - W: 0000 - 000B  X: 0400 - F001  Y: 20A8 - 48E0  Z: 0000 - 0000  ID: FFFF - FFFF under status

As of last night, I have started to constantly lose connection to Xbox Live.  I decided to go to bed hoping it would resolve in time for G3 today and still having the same issue.  I have pretty much everything I can think of done, connected directly to modem, I have run diagnostics on the modem itself and every computer in the house and my android phone have strong and solid connections (Wired or Wireless), and the U-verse modem does not have any issues connecting to AT&T on the Upstream or receiving on the Downstream.  When I start up it will connect flawlessly, and within 30seconds - 3 minutes disconnect from Xbox Live.  I will either reconnect or run the Test and it always does both without any issues.  I noticed downloading an update for Scott Pilgrim: The Game took a seemingly long time (about 2 minutes) for a 2 MB update, and it seemed to hang occasionally but then move slightly before doing so again.  Any help with this issue is appreciated, as I believe this isnt on my side but either AT&T or Xbox Live.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Have you tried another Ethernet cord? That might just be the problem and you could try a wireless connection. If you have a Xbox 360 Slim you have a wireless adapter built-in. You might have to buy a thing called a router you can buy some of those for around $10 (Wired) if you want Wireless router then it is about $15 to $200. (Wireless not recommended if you already have wireless from AT&T.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The AT&T U-verse is a direct modem with 4 built in ethernet ports, so there is no need for a router, I went and tested my xbox on a different TV and ethernet cord in the house and still the same problem, my Xbox itself is a Xbox 360 S - Gears of War Edition.  With the wireless it does the same thing, and I tend to stay away from wireless as its not optimal for gaming when wired is available.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to try resetting the U-verse to default settings, and see if that helps?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive reset the U-verse box, and also tried a separate ethernet cord I owned, and no luck.  I had a friend bring over his Xbox and hook it up and it never had a single problem.  I sadly think I have a defective Xbox Slim, as none of my computers are having issues and when he brought over his Xbox and plugged it in, we went and played some Gears of War 3 on Versus and it ran clean an hour straight.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, alright. Has your console ever been able to stay connected? Or has it always done this?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem too :( Please, does anyone have a solution? My Xbox 360 Slim is really slow to sign in and if I pressed the middle button to look at/join one of my friends it would freeze and take about 5 minutes to come down. Also it wont update. I have had this problem quite some time now. I brought my Xbox to my nan's and it still would'nt update.

Please please please can you help?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings KillerCoffee!

Can you please create a new thread, detailing out your situation, include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.