Constant Disconnecting and other issues

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA, Texas
Modem brand & model number: To be real honest I have no idea what the difference is between a modem and router. I'm not too tech saavy, I just know I have wireless internet provided from Verizon Fios. I'm just going to list everything that is on the box seeing as I really have no idea :( I'm using a...router I guess that Verizon provided when we upgraded to FIOS. On the side it says: Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. D
I don't know where to find the model number...or if that is it...

Router brand & model number:
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? Uuuuumm...WEP? I think...
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? External black adapter
Things you have tried: Turned off the Verizon box thing for a minute or two. Ran Speed test.   I don't know if that is good results (in regards to the speed test) Tested connection on xbox, everything came out perfect. I cleared the cache on the xbox as well.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown   UNKNOWN, how do you figure this out?
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter:
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? DSL I guess....
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? There wasn't an option for "more info" so I clicked Y for Status on the Test Xbox Live Connection and this is what it says:
Error Status Report:
W: 0000 - 0021
X: 0000- F001
Y: 20A8 - 4840
Z: 0000- 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF

I started having issues earlier today, while playing Left 4 Dead 2- it disconnected me twice from LIVE. I left the game for a bit and came back and tried to join a friend in Black Ops. He had a party and one of his friends had either a strict or moderate NAT. I got kicked out twice while trying to play Domination with them, before getting fed up and turning off...what I am assuming is the router. I figured it was the other guys fault (Strict or mod NAT guy) but when I had logged in, and sat on the dashboard for 5 minutes it disconnected me. I have NEVER had this issue before, so to be quite honest, I'm really confused and highly peeved off.

Netflix has had disconnecting issues for 2+ months (meaning I can start a movie/show, watch it for 10 minutes if that, and then get disconnected to the "Please sign into a Gold Account..." page. Upon entering NetFlix again, my recently watched queue is completely gone and I have to search for what I was watching, then have to fast forward to where I got disconnected at.) and now this is starting to happen? Another thing, it kind of sucks that I can't play a game of Zombies on Black Ops either, what, with the constant migrating hosts.

Also, I'm going to assume that it's NOT my ISP, because if that was the case then all the laptops/computers/wii/etc. would be having issues with the connection (right?), but they're not. Also, before one says that I need to delete the NetFlix app and reinstall it, I'm VERY weary about doing that seeing as I've also seen several posts where people haven't been able to access their Netflix after doing this step.

All these issues are REALLY making me consider dropping Xbox altogether and go to the PSN. Why spend $60+ a year for a service that constantly screws up? Also, I'd rather not hear how the PSN has its issues too- at least the customers aren't having to pay and still receive **** connections.

OH, one more thing- I've noticed when I try to log on to this website it brings me to a page saying that due to a high amount of spam/junk being sent from my email I have been temporarily blocked, then it says that if I provide a cell phone number it'd send me a code to unblock it. I tried to send the code once and when my phone didn't alert me of any text at all, I gave up. I went to xboxlive.com again and clicked account and then POOF I'm logged in without logging in. Very confusing. I guess what I'm wondering is if that is an actual, legit xbox webpage I'm trying to log into or if its a fake, trying to steal info.
If it's a genuine XBOX page- I'm wanting the Xbox staff to know that recently my laptop has been unfortunate enough to fall victim to malware, and it has taken ahold of all 4 of my email accounts, so I am terrified to sign into them(if anyone has any program recommendations to remove the malware myself, I'm all ears....). I'm considering making a new email, it's going to be a little bit of a hassle because it would entail me losing ALL of my contacts and having to change my email on several websites, including this one.

I'm sorry I posted so much, but I figured I might as well tackle all issues in one post rather then spreading them out and annoying everyone with it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I hooked up the other Slim 4GB Kinect Ready Xbox 360 that I have and everything seems to be working fine with the connection on that end, so what I am REALLY curious about, is why my main Xbox, the one that has ALL my bought/saved content on it is having trouble staying connected to LIVE. This is still extremely fustrating because I'm having to play on a console that doesn't have anything on it, and I can't necessarily afford to go buy a new hard drive and the transfer device. URRRGH

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, if you find yourself on any website that is not a Trusted Microsoft website, please do not enter any info. The list of trusted websites is below. For more information, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/Live/Account-Security

• Xbox.com
  • Kinectshare.com
  • Microsoft.com
  • xbox.mobi
  • Zune.net
  • live.com
  • getgamesmart.com
  • XNA.com
  • lionhead.com
  • forzamotorsport.net 

That being said, about your disconnecting issues. Are you using one device or two in order to connect to the wireless network? You also mentioned another console on the network. Do you have two consoles on at the same time at all times? Or just one time to test?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Looking back, I'm 100% that it was a trusted website, it happened when I tried to log in again today on xbox.com.

Secondly, I never have both xboxes hooked up at the same time, let alone on, so I don't see how that could be the issue. I had to physically disconnect the old one and hook up the new one in order to be able to play disconnect free, meaning that the one having the disconnect issues wasn't plugged into an outlet or connected to my TV when the newer slim was in use. As of right now, I have yet to even hook up the old one because I don't want to get fustrated all over again.

Sorry this didn't help.

And to answer you about having two devices to connect to the wireless network, what do you mean? I have the Router that Verizon provided, giving us wireless internet, and the xbox with the issues is using a black wireless adapter seeing as it's an older model that doesn't have the WiFi capabilities integrated into it. I have been using it for at least a year, maybe more with absolutely no issues so I don't know why this would be happening now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! Can you try connecting the console directing to the modem/router with an ethernet cable? I want to try to rule out the wifi itself here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

hi chuck this is happening to loads of people you can try putting this as your DNS settings on your console 208.67.222.222  and/or  208.67.220.220 its worked so far for me not sure if it disconnects as much but it definitely worked at my end...... good luck :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

hey crazy, ive tried your workaround and still disconnects me then reconnects me randomly not sure whats up, but definately happened after the latest update

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, I've been busy so I haven't been able to respond. Connecting the xbox with an ethernet cord is just out of the question, the router is in living room and xbox is in my room- it would cause unneccessary bullshit between me and a step parent to move it to living room so...yeah.

I have just recovered my gamertag to the xbox having issues and am planning on using your method, CrAzY, if it appears to be disconnecting still. I'll let y'all know. And if a staff member sees this, I have another post in the Managing My XBOX Live Account that is of extreme importance.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a very similar issue.  The funny thing is every time I get disconnected, if I retry and get the "Test Connection" option the test always is successful and if I try to log in after a test it works, but I get disconnected after another 10 minutes or so.

Sorry this didn't help.

how the *** can i log out of a xbox live on a NOKIA cell phone?

Sorry this didn't help.